Saturday 17 August 2013

Day At the Edinburgh International Book Festival: Who I Saw and What I Did!

Hey Guys!
I had a fab day at the Edinburgh International Book Festival today, which if you don't know what it is, it's one of the most famous book festivals in the WORLD!  It's a shame I wasn't feeling too well, but I tried to not let that dampen my spirits...!

So here is just some pictures for around Edinburgh, as the Fringe Festival was on at the same time! Just thought you would like to see a few...
Waverley Station! 



The Floral Clock in the Princes Street Gardens

The Waterstones in Edinburgh, so much nicer than the one at home!

The entrance to the Book Festival!

So I went to two different 'talks', one by Simon Mayo (A popular radio DJ turned writer, you can see a review of his first book 'Itch' one my blog roll) on his new book 'Itch Rocks'. Me and my family went to see him last year when he talked about his first book, and we had a lot of fun, so we decided to go back again this year.



Top: Simon Mayo reading his book. Bottom: His first and second books.

He was so entertaining and interesting, plus he even admitted to owning a banned science book, which was pretty funny! At the end when we got his book signed, he talked to us a bit more and even recommended a book, 'The Knife Of Never Letting Go' by Patrick Ness. He is really a fabulous author and I am looking forward to getting my teeth into his book!


Then we went to a talk called 'Writing across the genres', which my mum booked, saying that she thought I might enjoy it. I must say, I was skeptical at first, as it sounded very dull, but the authors there were extremely good! The two authors were called  Theresa Breslin, with her book, Spy for The Queen of Scots and Eleanor Updale with her new hardback book, 'The Last Minute', both highly interesting and witty authors! I am so looking forward to reading these books, one about the minute before a massive explosion goes off, and what happens, the other, about the lady in waiting to Mary Queen of Scots. So pumped right now! Eek!





So I had a fab day out, it was an amazing atmosphere that day, and the sun even decided to come out, which is very rare in Scotland! I got everything you could think of signed! Even my tickets, which will be great souvenirs....

I will see you next time for another post, I really need to do more reviews so I shall get right on that!
Keep |Reading
BookWorm xx




No comments:

Post a Comment